Monday, July 9, 2012

One week to go!

Holy crap! Where has all the time gone?! I will be in AmSam a week from today and I couldn't be more excited, terrified, and every emotion in between. Right now, I am attempting to figure out how to pack everything I have into only two checked bags and a carry on. Wish me luck!

Since writing last, I have found out that I will be teaching at Fitiuta Elementary School, which is on the island of Ta'u. Ta'u is one of the islands that makes up Manu'a, and Manu'a is a group of islands about 70 miles off the coast of mainland American Samoa. Sort of confusing, but that's where I will be. I will be gone for a total of 11 months, which puts me back home in either late May or early June 2013.

Here is a picture of my school. If you look close enough you can see the ocean in the left background of the pic.


The weather there will be unbelievably gorgeous, although it will rain quite a bit. For those interested, here is the 10-day weather forecast for Pago Pago, the capital city of AmSam.

Well, that is all from me now. I will be posting periodically once I get into the country, so check back if you're interested.

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to read all about your adventures on this blog!!! :) I wish you the very best!!! :)

    ReplyDelete