Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Let the adventure begin!

So this is what it's like to be truly in love with your life? I know that sounds unbelievably tacky, but I cannot remember a time when everything was finally falling into place exactly how I had wanted them to. Yes, getting into U of M was one of the best moments of my life, but the feeling I felt then is nothing compared to now. I just heard word yesterday that I will more than likely be moving to Manu'a, American Samoa where I will be teaching elementary school. I'm beyond excited. It is a small island that is 22 sq. miles with about 1400 people. Manu'a is roughly 70 miles off the coast of mainland American Samoa and what a lot of people refer to as "True Samoa." Basically it is not as westernized as the rest of the AmSam and should be a wonderful experience overall.

I'm sure these next two months will fly by (I leave mid-July!). I'm still studying for the LSAT, which I take June 11 and I have a bunch of other fun little things planned for my time between now and when I leave for WorldTeach.  I will hopefully be blogging more once I get to AmSam, but for now I thought I would try it out. I'm certainly not much of a blogger. If you have any questions, comments, or advice about teaching or living abroad, I would love to hear it! I already know that this will be the most challenging yet rewarding experience of my life, and I want to prepare as much as possible!

2 comments:

  1. posted at 4:53 am...really?! i'm not surprised! i only have one request for your blog: POST LOTS OF PICTURES!! i love you xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited for you :) xx

    ReplyDelete